'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

03 November 2011

30 days of Thanks- D3

I'm very thankful for the opportunity I've had to live abroad, not once but twice.  When the chance to live in Hungary came up there was the initial reaction of "Where??"  The idea of moving so far from family, and to a place that's so different, was intimidating, but exciting as well.  How many people get the chance to actually live behind the Iron Curtain?  We've traveled to places I never expected to see, and experienced a people I never expected to meet.  Living abroad has given me deeper insight into my own country, into our strengths and weakness, and I will come back and a better person for it.  The Hungarians are an amazing people, and it's been a privilege to live here.

The view out my front door.  I will miss it here.


~The DO

4 comments:

God, Gals, Guns, Grub said...

I've never had the opportunity to live or travel much outside the U.S.A., well Canada too... maybe someday... I can travel to foregn lands... and hunt their animals...

Dann in Ohio

MamaDuck76 said...

Thanks so much for the comment on my blog...so few people take the time to say thanks, and I really appreciate that you did :)

Good luck with your Thanksgiving Day move. I hope that all goes smoothly!

Sarge said...

I Love You!!

The DO said...

GGGG, I've always wanted to travel, I am so lucky to have been able to. Though I've yet to go to Canada!

Gramps, Love you too!! Can't wait to see you:)