'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

04 November 2011

30 Days of Thanks- D4

Plitvice lakes, Croatia
 Parthenon, Athens

Kotor, Montenegro


Carcassonne, France 

 Utah Beach, Normandy, France

Prague,  Czech Republic

Berlin wall, Germany 

Lake Bled, Slovenia

I'm beyond thankful for the chances I've had to travel.  London, Rome, Berlin, Paris, Athens, Prague, Split, Venice, Normandy, Edinburgh, Dublin, Oberammergau, Budapest, the Netherlands, Brugge, Sumeg, Zagreb, Santorini...  We traveled a bit when we were in England, but being on the continent opened the doors for more extensive travel, and we took it!  Not only was I blessed with location, but also a husband with both the means and motivation to allow me to see the things I've wanted to see.  I'm not finished, but I am so thankful for the memories I've made, and for the chances I've had.

~The DO

3 comments:

JihadGene said...

Thanks to Uncle Sam the wife and I saw a lot of places and most were very good!

Keads said...

Great Pics! What makes them more than postcards is the story behind them. Glad you shared with us!

The DO said...

Gene, we fought to get bak overseas just for this opportunity. Too many come here and sit on base, just sad.
Thanks Keads! We've had such fun adventures, it was nice to be able to share them.