'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

01 November 2010

Giants


Please excuse me while I giggle madly. I know it's silly but i just can't help myself. My Giants are the 2010 World Series Champions!

It was a great series with a pitching heavy winning out over a hitting heavy one. Cliff Lee was terrific but Lincecum was masterful and they had enough hitting to score the runs they needed when they needed them. Actually, I thought the Giants hit pretty well throughout the playoffs and especially in the WS.

A tip of the cap to the Rangers who battled and fought and never gave up. They're a classy club with a lot of great players.

The Giants are as blue collar, lunch pail as any group you'll ever see. There's no towering egos, no single superstar player. Just a ton of pitching and a team of role players who worked their magic flawlessly. Cody Ross said it best. There's a new hero every night for this team. Hero is a stretch, I tend to reserve that honorific to the men and women standing the line in dark places, but the emotion is understandable.

I'm going to enjoy the victory but tomorrow I'll be heading to the polls in the hope that we can pull off another seemingly impossible task and hand 'Call me Senator' boxer a nice defeat she can call her own.

Yeah, I'm a pretty happy guy tonight.

Six

4 comments:

innominatus said...

Wooooooo!

Can you believe this? About a month ago, my wife and her friend arranged for us to have dinner over at their place tonight. First time since before I was born that my team wins the WS and I don't get to watch the final game! Gah!!!!

Still happy, though!!!

Six said...

I know you were watching in spirit Inno. It was epic!

And the villagers rejoiced!

The DO said...

Don't feel bad, I didn't get to see it either! Darn time difference:) But lucky for me AFN is replaying it today so I'll get to watch, Not quite the same, but I'll take it!

Six said...

You'll love the game sweetie. It was awesome to see them pour out of the dugout after the last out. Like I said, Epic. Tell the kids to wear their hats.