'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

24 October 2010

Trooper's Gal

Laura over at Trooper's Gal has a new post up that really hit home for me and Lu. It's a strong post written by a strong woman. If you're married to someone who does what we do, or considering such it's a must read. For everyone else it's a glimpse into the heart and soul of a woman who's married to a Warrior with all that entails. For you Warriors it's a chance to be reminded of all that they do for us.

Lord, how I do love my Warrior Wife. She is all that is right in the world. To all of you out there like Laura and Lu..

Thank you. You make it possible for us to do what we do and stay sane and whole. We may not always say it but know in your hearts that we love you.

Six

4 comments:

Home on the Range said...

You oare both blessed in return.

My life has been one that's hard for most men to relate to. The phone rings at 2 a.m. and I'm gone, perhaps for days. I am sometimes in danger, I'm usually with nothing but other men. I broke up with the only boyfriend I really had for years because he had such a problem with jealousy that he hacked my computer to read my mail and journal.

It's hard, and for those of you that have that support, that understanding, you are indeed fortunate. I have friends that offer that, but it would be nice to have a partner who loved me that much yet still gave me my freedom to do what I do.

Six said...

You deserve that Brigid. I hope you find it or it finds you.

When least looked for
Love finds us with bold eyes
A knowing look
A hand held in loving clasp
A heart in tune
A kindness offered
A kiss accepted
A heart's desire
A spirit's hope
A true Love discovered
When least looked for

LauraB said...

Thanks for this, friend! I am complimented, indeed. B, the right man won't ever question your choice of employ - he'll just be damned proud.

Six said...

You're welcome Laura. I thought it was brilliant.