'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

10 July 2010

Tour De Six

Ok, tomorrow is the big day. 100 miles if I can make it. I've prepared as well as I can in the month I had and I think I have a fair chance to make the cut off time. We went and scoped out the big climb today. Yeah, I'll be walking a bit of that bad boy. Still, the rest of the course looks doable. Got signed in and have my kit all laid out. Bike is as good as I can make her. Tunes are ready. Got plenty of suitable food. Lu is going to parallel the course and meet me at various places with more food, drinks and encouragement. She'll also be bringing the camera so I'll post some action shots in the next day or so.

Unless I fail spectacularly. Then I'll quietly take down the blog, don sackcloth and ashes and go live in a monastary in the hills.

Six

6 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Who dares, wins.

Now go. And do it. Or do not. There is no "try".

Let us know how it went.

Ed Rasimus said...

Are you following your regimen of transfusions, injections, clear & cream, HGH, steroids, vitamins, and pharmaceuticals to mask them? Ohh, no post ride testing required? Never mind...

Borepatch said...

So how'd it go?

Sarge said...

He was goin up the mountain doin 90 miles an hour. When the spoke on his bycicle broke. Lou found him in the grass with the sprocket in his ass and never has yet awoke.

Sarge

LauraB said...

Oh, Sarge - harsh. LOL

C'mon! Someone post something! What happened?!

Six said...

Results posted. You may now point and laugh.