'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

29 May 2010

Book Review

Anyone who knows me is aware that I'm basically a simple guy with simple tastes. That does not always hold true however, especially in what I read for pleasure.

I love a good Thriller, well written hard S.F. and Military both fiction and true life. I've read a little bit of just about everything (including Ed Rasimus' newest, Fighter Pilot which I am almost finished with and will review soon). I have my favorite authors including Ringo, W.E.B. Griffin, Weber, Scalzi, Williamson and a host of others. I'm adding a new name to my favorite authors list.

Just finished a book by Don Brockette called America Falling and I loved it. Fast paced, tautly written and full of action and true emotion. It is a can't put down kind of book full of compelling characters, especially Elliott Cahill, a real American hero. Elliott is exactly my kinda guy.

Don is a veteran and writes with a veterans eye. If you like action, honest emotion, believable characters and a chilling vision of our probable future you'll like this book.

Brockette is also more than a bit prescient. I'm not going to give any spoilers because I want you to buy and read this book but, viewed in the light of recent events that track with Brockette's vision, America Falling should be sending a warning to all Americans to wake up. I unreservedly recommend you pick up a copy.

I'm eagerly anticipating his next book.

Nice work Mr. Brockette.

For the FCC. I have received no remuneration in return for this review.

Six

No comments: