'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

15 April 2010

Teaparty

Lu and I are heading out to the Monterey County Tea Party at Window on The Bay in Monterey. It's from 1630 to 1830. I anticipate a good turnout. I'll post pics later.

Six

Update:

Lu and I got there about 1730. I estimate 350 to 400 people. It started at 1630 but some told me they were there as early as 1600. Everyone was well behaved and I saw no signs that were even remotely racist or violent.

I know I promised pictures but... In my defense I reminded Lu an hour before we left and then we both promptly forgot. I blame Trooper.

The cleverest sign was a pair of googly eyes over a stack of cash and a caption that read
"This is how much money you'd be saving if you voted them all out."
It was brilliant. I sure wish I had a picture of it.

All in all it was a fine event full of Patriotism and rugged individualism. I hope you all found one to attend and it went off as well as this one did.

3 comments:

nanc said...

If you had a FB, you could come and look at all the photos I posted today! Hope y'all had a great time!

Parrothead Jeff said...

I wish I could have been there - or at any rally yesterday. Darn DMV!

Thanks for the report!

Six said...

Nanc! Miss you sweetheart. Don't be a stranger. I think Lu has an account. If she does I'll drop in and leave a comment.

Jeff. It's so much easier for me now that I'm old and retired. I'm always looking for any reason to put off my honey do list. :)