'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

18 March 2010

Finally?

I think I may have our template issues resolved, at least I hope so. I'm now hosting all the images myself, and I just manipulated a blogger template so I'm pretty sure it'll be around for a while.

So, what are we looking at here? Well, that up there is the heart of the family, our family. In it are some of the reasons that this blog exsists. There is the Gold Star Mother statue for Grandma, the 7th infantry Light Fighter patch for Dad; there is the fallen soldier tribute for Uncle Ken, The Wall for Gramps; the tomb of the unknown soldier for our lost brothers and sisters, a folded flag being handed to a widow. These images are but a sampling of what shaped us, our family, our patriotism, but I think it begins to tell the story.

Our love of country, of family, of home and hearth run deep for us, as it does for most of the American heartland. I refuse to believe Hollywood and the left when they try to tell us that America is full of heartless selfish people bent on their own desires. I know that we stand shoulder to shoulder, and heart to heart.

We use this space to advance that aspect of our nation, and to run counter to those that would steal our hearts from us, and turn us against one another. That banner begins to tell our story, illustrate our losses, and sets a guide for our growth.

We are not alone. And we will not give up the fight.

The DO

3 comments:

Six said...

It's beautiful sweetie. Thank you.

Ed Rasimus said...

I'm impressed!

The DO said...

Thanks Ed. I sure want to do right by the Six and the Sarge.